American Music Awards: 2021 artists include BTS, Megan Thee Stallion, Bad Bunny, Olivia Rodrigo
BTS and Megan Thee Stallion were among the first generation of AMA 2021 performers announced on November 8 with Bad Bunny and Olivia Rodrigo.
Carrie Underwood, Jason Aldean, Kane Brown, New Edition and New Kids on the Block joined the artist lineup on November 11.
This year’s fan-voted show, hosted by rapper Cardi B, will take place live from the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles on Sunday, November 21 at 8 p.m. ET / PT.
Here’s what we know about the performance:
- Six-time AMA Laureates BTS will take the stage with AMA winner Megan Thee Stallion for the highly anticipated performance of their single “Butter”. The South Korean boy band is in the running for Best Artist of the Year, and the Houston-born rapper has been nominated in three categories this year.
- The most nominated artist of 2021, singer-songwriter Olivia Rodrigo, makes her AMA debut with a performance not to be missed. She is nominated in seven categories, including Artist of the Year.
- Two-time AMA winner Bad Bunny will return to the AMA stage for the world premiere of “Lo Siento BB: /”. The Latin world superstar has five nominations this year.
- Carrie Underwood and Jason Aldean will perform their duet “If I Didn’t Love You”.
- Kane Brown will perform “One Mississippi” from Tennessee State University.
- New Edition and New Kids on the Block will perform together for the first time.
FULL LIST: 2021 American Music Awards nominees
Cardi B, five-time American Music Award winner and 2018 performer, said she was thrilled to make her debut as a host in an announcement last week.
“I’m ready to bring my personality to the AMA scene! thanks to [executive producer] Jesse Collins, ABC and MRC for making this possible, ”she said in a press release.
Olivia Rodrigo, the first year she is eligible, is the main nominee with seven nominations, including Artist of the Year and New Artist of the Year. Five-time winner The Weeknd has six nominations, against Rodrigo in the Artist of the Year category with BTS, Ariana Grande, Drake and Taylor Swift. Bad Bunny, R&B newcomer Giveon and Doja Cat each have five nominations.
AMAs have added new categories this year including Favorite Trending Song, Favorite Gospel Artist, and Favorite Latin Duo or Group. Click here for the full list of nominees for the 2021 American Music Awards.
Voting is now open until November 16. The winners of the American Music Awards are entirely determined by the fans – just search for “AMAs” on TikTok or click here to vote. The nominees are from interactions with fans such as streaming, album sales, song sales and radio broadcast between September 25, 2020 and September 23, 2021.
Don’t miss the 2021 American Music Awards on Sunday, November 21 at 8 p.m. ET / PT | 7 p.m. CT on ABC. Stream the show the next day on Hulu.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Copyright © 2021 OnTheRedCarpet.com. All rights reserved.