Hailey Whitters Is ‘Everything She Isn’t’ in New Single; announce new album
Country singer/songwriter Hailey Whitters takes a trip down memory lane that might also sound familiar. Today, January 14, Whitters released his latest single, “Everything She Ain’t,” about the mild jealousy that bubbles up when you see your crush on someone else. Whitters also dropped the music video for the track, and the setting for the video is…drum roll…high school.
“This song kind of fell from the sky one day while writing with Bryan Simpson and Ryan Tyndell,” Whitters said in a statement. “Ryan had this bouncy, cool guitar part and I pulled the line, ‘I’m everything she is, and everything she isn’t.’ We started spitting out verses and finished it in about an hour. I love its girl-next-door nature and offbeat language.
“The music video was directed by Harper Smith and was inspired by my old high school ‘Cow Pie High’…the town kids called it that because it was the school where all the farm kids went . I was actually the reunion queen in my senior year, so Harper and I thought it would be fun to reflect on that for this video,” Whitters shares. “To me, this song is about being the most authentic version of yourself despite what may or may not be popular right now. Whether or not you have a hollywood smile, this song is about owning what you bring to the table and having confidence in your own skin.
You should leave her on an island / Dance with me in this bar / Honey there’s plenty of fish in the sea / But if you look twice / You’ll see there’s only one me, Whitters sings on the track.
“Everything She Ain’t” is the first single to be released from Whitters’ upcoming album, LIFT, which has a release date of March 18. LIFT is the singer’s third studio album and documents Whitter’s affection for her upbringing in Iowa and her Midwestern roots.
“This record is where I’m from, it’s me. It feels like the prequel to THE DREAM“, Whitters said. “It’s the people and it’s the place that made this 17-year-old girl leave behind everything she’d ever known to pursue a career in country music and not give up at the time. over the past 14 years.”
You can pre-register LIFT here, and find the track listing for the disc below.
Lifted Track list
- “Ad Astra Per Alas Porci” (Jordan Lehning, Pedro Palomino)
- “High” (Hailey Whitters, Nicolle Galyon, Forest Glen Whitehead)
- “All She Ain’t” (Hailey Whitters, Bryan Simpson, Ryan Tyndell)
- “Big Family” (Hailey Whitters, Cameron Bedell, Nicolle Galyon)
- “Middle America” [feat. American Aquarium] (Hailey Whitters, Bobby Pinson)
- “Plain Jane” (Hailey Whitters, Hillary Lindsey, Cary Barlowe)
- “College Town” (Hailey Whitters, Nicolle Galyon, Jimmy Robbins)
- “Interlude” (Hailey Whitters, Pedro Palomino)
- “Homecoming Boys” (Hailey Whitters, Brandy Clark, Jessie Jo Dillon)
- “Everyone Should” (Matt Roy, Craig Wiseman)
- “Pretty Boy” (Hailey Whitters, Scooter Carusoe, Tom Douglas)
- “The Neon” (Hailey Whitters, Rodney Clawson, Lori McKenna)
- “The Herb Man” (Hailey Whitters, Aaron Raitiere)
- “Our weed is legal” (Hailey Whitters)
- “Beer Tastes Better” (Hailey Whitters, Lori McKenna)
- “In a Field Somewhere” (Hailey Whitters, Jeff Hyde, Bryan Simpson)
- “Ad Astra Per Alas Porci (Reprise)” (Jordan Lehning, Pedro Palomino)
Photo credit: Harper Smith.